Friday, October 14, 2011

Plushies!

Ah, plush toys. While many people have them, my collection trends a bit towards the... unconventional.

1: Garfield plushies aren't weird! One of the first series of any sort that I grew to love was Garfield, when I was just three years old. I'll probably deliver a proper tribute to the fat cat in a later post.

2: Sharks are pretty common animals in plush form despite not being particularly cute animals. They're pretty easy to make cute, though!

3: There's this shop near where I live that may warrant a post at some point, but in a nutshell it's a very "folksy" sort of novelty/gift store with things like candles, fabrics, and fancy-schmancy brand toys. Everything is hilariously overpriced so I don't know how they're still in business in this economy, but anyway. They had a major sale last year and I was able to buy the black spider and green snake for a small fraction of their usual price.

4: Giant microbes! I have the Brain Cell and Daphnia.

5: The yellow thing with swirly eyes is Kururu (Kululu) from Sgt. Frog/Keroro Gunso, a comedy manga about alien frogs doing a really, really shitty job of taking over the world (doesn't help that one of their number is distracted by a HOT ASS). It's the only manga I've ever "gotten into", although I've fallen way behind (only up to volume nine. I think they're on, like, twenty or something). This may be another future blog post.

6: Look in the bottom right corner and you'll spot the stuffed walrus I used to make my Berlin Walrus mockup back in May.

7: Bulbasaur and Jigglypuff!

8: Sideways Turtle only cost a quarter at a yard sale last year.

4 comments:

  1. Toys, toys everywheeere

    I only have a Yoshi backpack with me. It is the most adorable thing in my dorm. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a collector of strange things as well, so I may throw up a post with some of that such. That is, IF I can master the sublte art known as 'uploading apicture into a blogpost'.

    It's an ancinet and most revered art.

    Protip: M Sheep and technology are not compatible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO MAKE AN INTERNET?!"

    It's simple, Sheep. Upload the pics you want to use to Photobucket or some other picture-sharing service, then click the "add picture" button when making a blog post and select to link from a website. Pictures will be automatically resized, so don't worry about making them the right dimensions if they're large.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, now only if I could find some miraculous device to help clean up all these typos.

    In the mean time: It's hard to type with hooves. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete