Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Chatzy Madness Volume 34: Toys May Vary From Illustration

Gooper Blooper: Today I would like to tell you about Big Dumb Vidya Games
Saberwulf: Big Dumb Vidya Games? Those are my favorite
TheDeleter: those are great
Gooper Blooper: If you look over my collection, you notice a few themes
Gooper Blooper: There's the Mario games, the RPGs, the Smash Brothers, etc
Gooper Blooper: But there's also what I like to call Big Dumb Vidya Games
Gooper Blooper: Every so often I get a hankering to play a game that isn't deep, that isn't meaningful, and that may not even be that technically good
Gooper Blooper: It usually fulfills a primal urge to beat the shit out of something
Gooper Blooper: Hence Big Dumb Vidya Games
Gooper Blooper: I bring this up because today, in addition to playing some Sticker Star, I started my Big Dumb Quest on MONSTER JAM: URBAN ASSAULT, which is a game about monster trucks
Saberwulf: oh god
Gooper Blooper: sunday sunday sunday
RedSpy: Awww shit monstah trucks
Gooper Blooper: I was Grave Digger
Gooper Blooper: The Undertaker of monster truckdom
Saberwulf: Now we're gonna have to fight a monster truck next RP year, aren't we
Saberwulf: THE BRINGER OF LIGHT OH YEEEUHHH
TheDeleter: yep
Gooper Blooper: I might have a character drive one
Gooper Blooper: Come on, Widow, seaplanes are so 80s
Gooper Blooper: get in there
RedSpy: The King of Day
Saberwulf: Sarah in a monster truck, for size difference hilarity
Gooper Blooper: She has to cast Float to get inside

---

Gooper Blooper: tonight I'm going to finally see Godzilla, King of the Monsters
Gooper Blooper: his first movie
Saberwulf: Godzilla's early years
Saberwulf: Before the divorce, before the scandals
TheDeleter: when he was a wide-eyed hopeful
Gooper Blooper: Before Minya
Gooper Blooper: Before the tailslide
Gooper Blooper: When people took him seriously
TheDeleter: those were good days
RedSpy: Before he talked
RedSpy: "HEY ANGILAS"
Gooper Blooper: SOMETHING FUNNY GOING ON
RedSpy: "YOU'D BETTER CHECK"
Gooper Blooper: HEY ANGILAS, MAYBE THERE'S A SWITCH IN ONE OF THE ROOMS
Gooper Blooper: REMIND ME TO CHECK
TheDeleter: smoked 40 a day at the time
Gooper Blooper: And that's how Godzilla vs The Smog Monster was made
TheDeleter: don't smoke kids
Saberwulf: I don't know what Godzilla's voice sounds like, so all I can imagine is him sounding like Vector
Saberwulf: "FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM"
Gooper Blooper: FIND THE NUCLEAR POWER PLANT
Saberwulf: God Shadow The Hedgehog is just fucking awful
Saberwulf: I actually have a copy still I think
TheDeleter: you know what they say Wulf
TheDeleter: THE MORE THE MERRIER
Saberwulf: Oh, I thought you were going to say FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM
Gooper Blooper: Here's the Godzilla Talking scene so Wulf can hear Godzilla's beautiful voice
Saberwulf: Good god it's so much worse than I imagined
Saberwulf: That
Gooper Blooper: XD
Saberwulf: That's just awful
Saberwulf: I paused Faye Wong to listen to that, and I'll never get that time back
Saberwulf: Who the hell thought talking Godzilla was a good idea?
Gooper Blooper: Probably whoever greenlit Talking Minya

---

Saberwulf: Oh god, I'm writing a one-shot on my blog and I think I've subconsciously made a new character for RP
TheDeleter: huzzah!
Gooper Blooper: A lot of RP stuff happens when an idea germinates and spins wildly out of control
Saberwulf: Remember how I was gonna do that text adventure and it had a female MC?
Gooper Blooper: I think so
Saberwulf: Her name was Faridah Tanner, granddaughter of this bad ass desert rebel who created the Scrappers. In this piece I decided to have the reveal thing be that it's Faridah reading this email (yeah, I'm explaining this really awkwardly because I don't want to spoil anything) and I just looked up and realized I'm suddenly fleshing her out with emotions and shit
Gooper Blooper: sudden fleshing is a major writing hazard
Gooper Blooper: You've got a bit character and then suddenly they fall in love or run into The Professor and flesh everywhere
TheDeleter: see also: Jonesy
TheDeleter: worst case of fleshing i've ever seen
Gooper Blooper: everywhere you looked there was more flesh emerging
Gooper Blooper: it was hypnotizing and horrifying and beautiful
RedSpy: D:

---

Gooper Blooper: So for one of the monster truck events you have this little track
Gooper Blooper: And you need to do a lap on the track as fast as possible
Gooper Blooper: And I was losing over and over and I was like "how the hell do I make it go fast enough"
Gooper Blooper: ...eeeeyep, there's a button for turbo boosters
Gooper Blooper: derp
SteelKomodo: there's some secret they don't tell you, right- KNEW IT
RedSpy: XD
Gooper Blooper: And the announcer is funny because, like every video game announcer ever, he repeats the same things fifty times a game in the same excited tone
Gooper Blooper: He never shuts up about my mad stuntz and crashez earning me "SPECTACLE POINTS"
RedSpy: EDUCATED TIRES
Gooper Blooper: 2FAST

---

Gooper Blooper: An example of China's fine products
Saberwulf: Producing only top quality items
Gooper Blooper: New from Wolfe's Car Van
Saberwulf: Those thieving bastards
Gooper Blooper: "Onry a git would not purchase!! 'Oi!!'"
Saberwulf: as David said, "I'm the only one who can illegally reproduce my image for commercial purposes!"

---

RedSpy: I'm losing gold every turn and have 0 right now
RedSpy: George Washington says I have a great economy
RedSpy: Ladies and gents, America
Gooper Blooper: reaganomics.avi
RedSpy: What should I name my next city
RedSpy: Zebes or Kanto
Gooper Blooper: Ask Chatzy
Saberwulf: The almighty ask Chatzy command
RedSpy asked Chatzy to choose between Kanto, Zebes, Skyworld and Some other Nintendo area. Chatzy chose: Kanto
RedSpy: Pookeymans it is!
Gooper Blooper: CHATZY HAS SPOKEN
Gooper Blooper: LONG LIVE CHATZY

---

RedSpy: Everyone hates America this game
RedSpy: So I'll be their friend :D
Saberwulf: Murrica
Gooper Blooper: In return you shall get McDonald's franchises throughout your country
Gooper Blooper: They will fill your people with patriotism (and other things)
Saberwulf: Things like edible polymers
Saberwulf: Delicious edible polymers
Gooper Blooper: double triple bossy deluxe
Saberwulf: You know, there's a music genre that I still don't understand, out of all the Japanese music genres, how it came to exist
Saberwulf: Japanese Reggae
Gooper Blooper: You never quite know with Japan
Saberwulf: For some reason they LOVE reggae
Gooper Blooper: leggae
Saberwulf: pfffff

---

Gooper Blooper: I've done it
Gooper Blooper: I'm a monster truck champion
M_Sheep: Ain't no party like a Gooper Blooper party
RedSpy: Damn straight you are
RedSpy: You killed my frog you bastard D:
Gooper Blooper: wut
TheDeleter: sunday sunday etc
RedSpy: Because monster truck
Gooper Blooper: monday monday monday
RedSpy: Come on how could you forget the great upset of ZFVI
Gooper Blooper: oh right
Gooper Blooper: That thing that used to happen on the internet
Gooper Blooper: forgot all about it

---

RedSpy: http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/4336022/Spiderman+in+Mexico/
SteelKomodo: XD
SteelKomodo: Spider-Man prefers hanging out with Tigger and Pooh instead of stuffy old Captain America
Gooper Blooper: IT'S THE BIG ALLIANCE
TheDeleter: spidey is young at heart
RedSpy: http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/sba4.jpg
Gooper Blooper: together they are the SUPERMAN BIG ALLIANCE
SteelKomodo: I've just noticed something on that image
SteelKomodo: Batman is on the pack, but not among the figures
SteelKomodo: That's cheating, Hong Kong D:<
Gooper Blooper: That's nothing
Gooper Blooper: It's called the "SuperMan Big Alliance", but Superman is on neither the package nor the set
SteelKomodo: That's double cheating
Gooper Blooper: JUST INCLUDE SUPERMAN YOU
Gooper Blooper: YOU
Gooper Blooper: DOUBLE CHEATER
TheDeleter: duh nuuuuuh
SteelKomodo: D:
TheDeleter: it does say toys will vary from illustrations
Gooper Blooper: That's a pretty great copout, actually
Gooper Blooper: Buy a non-windowed cardboard box with a picture of Spiderman on it
Gooper Blooper: It's a rubber chicken
Gooper Blooper: TOYS MAY VARY FROM ILLUSTRATION
TheDeleter: pffft
SteelKomodo: XD

---

Gooper Blooper: Seeing the Big Alliance again made me look up more bootlegs
Gooper Blooper: who wants some
RedSpy: I do!
SteelKomodo: ME!
TheDeleter: meeee
Gooper Blooper: http://defaultprime.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/800px-Neo_whole_set-618x463.jpg
RedSpy: lolwat
SteelKomodo: Nice try, Hong Kong
Gooper Blooper: that "bottom screen" is just a plastic flap
SteelKomodo: That's, like, a DS built by a man who has only heard of the things from tales told to him by drunken sailors from far-off lands
Gooper Blooper: http://i48.tinypic.com/2s14182.jpg
RedSpy: Leo, after the alcoholism
SteelKomodo: "Dude, that is totally not cool at all!"
SteelKomodo: How tragic :<
RedSpy: Waaaaaaait that's Mikey on the box
Gooper Blooper: http://www.11points.com/images/chinafastfood/kfc-montage.jpg
SteelKomodo: Good god, those KFC Imitators
TheDeleter: theres a lot of stores like that
Gooper Blooper: http://www.11points.com/images/chinafastfood/kfc-obama.jpg
SteelKomodo: It's like KFC is Penny Arcade and everyone wants a piece of their fame, but just copy them with none of the subtleties
Gooper Blooper: Not racist at all
TheDeleter: nope
Gooper Blooper: http://oi46.tinypic.com/2gwhnbk.jpg
SteelKomodo: XD:
SteelKomodo: ...that is not Ash
TheDeleter: i accidentally closed the chatzy tab on seeing that horror
SteelKomodo: That is Arthur from that kids cartoon off his meds
Gooper Blooper: http://i.imgur.com/2vdOG.jpg
SteelKomodo: MARIO NO D:
SteelKomodo: YOU GOT YOUR WHOLE CAREER AHEAD OF YOU
RedSpy: Bad Photoshop is bad
SteelKomodo: WHY DID YOU SELL OUT NOW
Gooper Blooper: It's Mario's Spanish cousin Pepe
SteelKomodo: Ah, pfffft
Gooper Blooper: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9zsvxYrYY1rflkywo1_500.jpg
SteelKomodo: Pikachu's Buddhist phase is not turning out well
M_Sheep: Hahahahahhaaaa!
M_Sheep: Aaaah
M_Sheep: That's beautiful
SteelKomodo: Ohai sheep
M_Sheep: Ohai guys
Gooper Blooper: Hello sheep
Gooper Blooper: You are witnessing bootlegs
Gooper Blooper: http://www.11points.com/images/chinafastfood/starbucks.jpg
SteelKomodo: ...well
SteelKomodo: At least they're honest
Gooper Blooper: http://i.imgur.com/QN5BH.jpg
TheDeleter: pfft
SteelKomodo: I get this one XD
TheDeleter: the best crossover
RedSpy: Suddenly pandas
SteelKomodo: "LITERALLY STARRING IRON MAN AS ROBERT DOWNY JR AND PO AS JACK BLACK
Gooper Blooper: SKIDOOSH MOTHERFUCKERS
Gooper Blooper: http://i.imgur.com/wMmxf.jpg
SteelKomodo: NO NOT STREET FIGHTER D:
Gooper Blooper: NOTHING IS SAFE
TheDeleter: how does one blast
TheDeleter: how do you do that
SteelKomodo: I dunno
Gooper Blooper: http://www.engrish.com//wp-content/uploads/2010/12/i-love-jusus.jpg
SteelKomodo: Woot, this kinda rules
TheDeleter: jusus
SteelKomodo: Santa looks stoned
SteelKomodo: Also, lemme post a bootleg image of my own
Gooper Blooper: glury be to the juses
SteelKomodo: You know that Thomas transformer/voltron thing?
SteelKomodo: They made a sequel
RedSpy: Oh god D:
Gooper Blooper: I do
RedSpy: Its a nightmare
SteelKomodo: Pfffft, it is
SteelKomodo: Apparently it's a crappy remold of the Solar Streak Megazord
Gooper Blooper: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/Kracko/Mages/BootlegWhiteMage.jpg
SteelKomodo: But let's not get nerdy - have the packaging
Saberwulf joined the chat 75 seconds ago
SteelKomodo: Sarah started rebelling. Dying her hair and switching to ice magic were the warning signs Celestia ignored.
TheDeleter: sarah no
Saberwulf: Evening everyone
TheDeleter: oh hai wulf
RedSpy: Eyo Wulf
SteelKomodo: Ey Wulf
Gooper Blooper: Hello wulf
Gooper Blooper: it's bootleg time
Saberwulf: Oh god
Gooper Blooper: Bootleg Thomas, Bootleg Sarah, we got it all
TheDeleter: bootleg kobbers
SteelKomodo: ONLY YOU CAN SAVE THE RAILWAY JAMES
SteelKomodo: Pffft, bootleg Kobbers
Saberwulf: Pfffff
Gooper Blooper: And then there's whatever the heck is happening here
Saberwulf: That
Saberwulf: That is beautiful
SteelKomodo: Rule 34, everyone
SteelKomodo: No exceptions
TheDeleter: my god
Saberwulf: It takes one of the single most horrendous tragedies in history, and makes it alligators doing it
Saberwulf: Do they have one for 9/11
TheDeleter: itll be one playboy rabbit fellating another
TheDeleter: or
TheDeleter: something
Saberwulf: I hope it's just ducks dancing on like a flaming george bush
Saberwulf: Just something really nonsensical
Gooper Blooper: http://elrincondelobueno.bligoo.com.ar/media/users/18/900825/images/public/187858/2948261115_1d39907ab2.jpg?v=1353001534743
SteelKomodo: Think I've seen this
Saberwulf: It's a syllable better!
TheDeleter: weenie
TheDeleter: huuuuuur
RedSpy: Its the Wi(n)i!
Gooper Blooper: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_medw3oI7mY1qjqlsoo4_1280.jpg
SteelKomodo: That's the last time we let Drunkard Rondleman from Accounting do the transfers
Gooper Blooper: SOPNOBBGB SPEATUQANRS
TheDeleter: pffft
Gooper Blooper: http://i.imgur.com/7anr7.png
SteelKomodo: PIPLUP NO D:
TheDeleter: piplup nooooooo
RedSpy: Dat eye
SteelKomodo: The reconstructive surgery went horribly wrong D:
Gooper Blooper: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbsyoz7eB51qemxfbo1_1280.jpg
SteelKomodo: That's not Big Bird, that's a rejected Ultraman monster D:
Gooper Blooper: http://i.imgur.com/y16QG.jpg
RedSpy: Those faces ;-;
SteelKomodo: The robot uprising hit the Mushroom Kingdom sooner than anyone could have predicted
SteelKomodo: Not even Bowser was prepared for the devastation and bloodshed that ensued
SteelKomodo: By dawn, no organic life existed anymore
Saberwulf: There we go. Had to reset my internet
SteelKomodo: The robots had won where Mario had failed
SteelKomodo: And yeah, I should stop that now :<
TheDeleter: pfft
Gooper Blooper: one more
Saberwulf: hahahahaa
TheDeleter: spongepika chubob
Saberwulf: I want to buy that so bad
SteelKomodo: THAT'S MY LINE DEL D:<
RedSpy: Its horrifying
Gooper Blooper: Wishyouhaveaniceday

---

RedSpy: btb
Gooper Blooper: BACK TO BASICS
Gooper Blooper: BORN TO BOOGIE
SteelKomodo: Pffffft
Gooper Blooper: BRING THE BEER
RedSpy: *brb
TheDeleter: already got it
SteelKomodo: Technically it's cider, del
TheDeleter: cidre
TheDeleter: its french
SteelKomodo: Whatever
TheDeleter: you pleb :P
SteelKomodo: I'll call it what I want :/

---

Gooper Blooper: gotta go fast
SteelKomodo: Gotta go fat, more like
TheDeleter: gotta go fat
Gooper Blooper: http://i49.tinypic.com/30ayxkp.jpg
Saberwulf: Hahahahaha
SteelKomodo: Oh god wat XD

---

M_Sheep: Father Squid explains Sonic Underground: "So the Eggman wants to turn all the animals into robots and hedgehogs love chillidogs and then they made a vow their mother would be found and then they solved all their problems with the power of music and running fast."
M_Sheep: Yaknow
M_Sheep: It may be the sugar talking
Saberwulf: Oh god, I can't read that Father Squid quote without hearing Bill Cosby help
M_Sheep: but I really want to see a "Father Squid and Celestia explain X"
SteelKomodo: XD
RedSpy: Father Squid and Celestia explain: sales
Gooper Blooper: Father Squid as Bill Cosby
Gooper Blooper: I think I'm going to go ahead and make that my headcanon
Gooper Blooper: "None of the orphans had Jell-O pudding pops. The crying... THE CRYING..."
SteelKomodo: Pfffffffft
M_Sheep: "Kids say the darnest things. Have a Jell-O pop!"
M_Sheep: Gooper!
M_Sheep: Pfft!
Saberwulf: "Now ya see Sister Alice, ya take the crucifix and da puddin' pop and, and—ahbow, ya know wad I'm talkin' about"
RedSpy: Father Squid and Wheatley in a ramble-off
RedSpy: Who wins?
M_Sheep: No one
TheDeleter: whoever wins, we lose
SteelKomodo: Robot vs. Mutant
Gooper Blooper: Do we have any deaf characters?
Gooper Blooper: I don't think we do
SteelKomodo: We don't
TheDeleter: not yet
SteelKomodo: Imma change that, I think
SteelKomodo: Hmm,,
Gooper Blooper: No shortage of mute characters that can write extremely long sentences very quickly on note paper though
Saberwulf: Dirk's cousin, Deaf Paul
SteelKomodo: XD
M_Sheep: I^III
RedSpy: James had all of his EVs in Speed
RedSpy: Meat Boy minmaxed his stats horribly
Gooper Blooper: I'm pretty sure Meat Boy managed full sentences in the middle of dramatic standoffs before
Gooper Blooper: He musta made those ahead of time
RedSpy: Man Goops he plays risky
RedSpy: one papercut and he's done

---

Saberwulf: Okay, I've been laughing myself sick at this song for like three days and I have to share it, no matter how vulgar. We're all familiar with Dickbutt, right?
SteelKomodo: No D:
RedSpy: I've never heard of this butt of dicks you speak of
Gooper Blooper: Dirkbutt
Saberwulf: hahaha
RedSpy: Dirkbutt vs. Honeypants
TheDeleter: i am aware of dickbutt
SteelKomodo: We've heard enought about Dirk's butt, thanks :/
Gooper Blooper: Wait, Dickbutt is that one doodle, right?
Saberwulf: Well then I'm posting this. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOTHING
Saberwulf: And yes, Dickbutt is that doodle
M_Sheep: Well, I suppose I'll take a gander at it quickly before I come to my senses.
TheDeleter: oh
SteelKomodo: Pfffft
TheDeleter: okay then
Saberwulf: Why do I find this dumb song funny
RedSpy: Did we ever show M Sheep the Hiroshima threnody?
Gooper Blooper: You did
Saberwulf: We did
SteelKomodo: I'd like to nominate Dirkbutt for Chatzy Madness 34
TheDeleter: cause you're a third grader wulf
Gooper Blooper: I will keep that in mind
SteelKomodo: I dunno, I think it's a thing that ought to go in
M_Sheep: Well
M_Sheep: This is certainly a thing.
M_Sheep: Yup.
M_Sheep: Stay classy, Wulf.
Saberwulf: I told you it was dumb
Saberwulf: It's like someone made a song about YTPs, but yet stupider
M_Sheep: This is my face right now: :I
SteelKomodo: :|
TheDeleter: :I
Saberwulf: I don't know why but I love the :I face
Saberwulf: The added lines on the end make it delightful
TheDeleter: fatface

---

Gooper Blooper: Gen5grinding.jpg
Saberwulf: pfff
RedSpy: Pictured here: how everyone plays Pokemon now

---

Gooper Blooper: Let me tell you one thing Pokemon gets right that all other RPGs get wrong
Gooper Blooper: REPEL
Gooper Blooper: the best RPG invention EVER EVER EVER
Saberwulf: Repel is your friend
Gooper Blooper: All those jokes about Zubat are meaningless
Gooper Blooper: Just bring some dang repels

---

Saberwulf: So I have two bottles of sake in my fridge. One is the "sweetest" sake I could buy at the Japanese market in North Jersey, and the other is the "dryest" I could buy.Now, I've had the sweet one and jesus shit it was so goddamn bitter.
Saberwulf: Should I try the dry one
RedSpy: Do it
RedSpy: You obviously switched the labels
M_Sheep: Mix'em together
M_Sheep: I dunno
RedSpy: The dry stuff is the real sweet one
RedSpy: Its like Iceland
Saberwulf: That's physically impossible because of shape but I bet you're right
Gooper Blooper: EPIC DRINK TIME
RedSpy: EPIC SARAH TIME
RedSpy: Today's episode: Fridge Souffle
Gooper Blooper: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/Kracko/Zoofights/WhiteMageShaking.png
Saberwulf: Okay, let me go see if my mom will let me take a swig (she's not fond of me drinking any amount of alcohol but that stuff will just go to waste anyway)
Saberwulf: I SHALL RETURN
M_Sheep: Spy, I am now imagining a mage turducken
M_Sheep: wut
M_Sheep: What have you done to me

---

Gooper Blooper: Oh man, I should show you this Pokemon Netbattle log I did years ago
RedSpy: Ooh, show me
Gooper Blooper: I had a match that was largely responsible for solidifying Kingler as one of my favorite pogeys
RedSpy: Oh god yes Kingler
RedSpy: We need more crab Pokemon
Gooper Blooper: http://pastebin.com/d5sZexRD
Gooper Blooper: This match is from July 2006
Gooper Blooper: two gens ago
RedSpy: Oh god a Stalljask
RedSpy: Probably a baton passer too
RedSpy: >​Not switching a confused 'mence out on an ice type
RedSpy: Ooh, nice job!
Gooper Blooper: dat crab
M_Sheep: Dj Skeiron's new chart topping hit: Honeycrab
Gooper Blooper: I remember I had an all-bug team on Netbattle once
Gooper Blooper: My lead was a Ninjask I nicknamed Relay
Gooper Blooper: It actually had a Choice Band and an Adamant nature
Gooper Blooper: SURPRISE
RedSpy: AW SHIT

---

Gooper Blooper: Sega attempts to beat Nintendo at their own game
Saberwulf: Ah, the tower of power
Saberwulf: It really is beautiful
RedSpy: That's horrifying
Gooper Blooper: AND ITS' OPPONENT
RedSpy: The Game Boy Tie-Fighter?
Saberwulf: Jesus shit what is that
Saberwulf: Like a goddamn alien

---

Gooper Blooper: Jesus 90% of Sticker Star's music is either jazz, mariachi, or a freakish jazziachi hybrid
RedSpy: Pffft Jazziachi
Saberwulf: I would probably enjoy Jazziachi
Saberwulf: It's probably ska
Saberwulf: Yep, this is ska
Saberwulf: Holy shit, a game with ska in it

---

Saberwulf: Happy two thousand and thirteen in the year of some guy with a beard
RedSpy: Santa?
Saberwulf: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment