Thursday, February 9, 2012

FLAVORED. FLAVORED EVERYWHERE.

Oh sweet Elohim above.

I went to the Dollar Tree today and there was "chocolatey" and "chocolate flavored" as far as the eye could see. Those giant, oddly proportioned rabbit bars are back, as are the little boxes that are only heart-shaped from the front. There were yellow hollow duckies, which did a great job of looking intriguing until that terrible "flavored" reared its ugly head. Even the stuff I remember being real chocolate when I was a kid has been remade in flavored form, like those rectangular flat boxes with the six or so little wrapped things shaped like bunnies or snowmen or whatever is appropriate for the season. And in the ultimate insult, I saw chocolate-flavored double crisp. The two things I cannot accept in my chocolate mashed together in an unholy combination of misery and regret.

So many disappointed kids this Easter.

SO MANY.

No comments:

Post a Comment